Friday, April 16, 2010

Interview with the Chief of Police

1. Mr. Capelli why did you pick to work for the police here at Yavapai?
Well I picked this job because I enjoy helping and people and I ever since I was a little boy I wanted to be a police officer. I worked for the Prescott police for about 25 years. Now I am here at Yavapai, protecting and serving is my duty.
2. How many have you given all together at this college campus?
I have given out about 8 since I have been here at Yavapai. College students need to understand that drinking at school or coming back to school, you will be caught. You don’t want to mess with me because let’s just say it won’t be pretty. Be smarter than that is what I am saying.
3. How do you try to stop drinking on campus?
Well I can’t really stop college students from making mistakes; all I can hope for is that they will make good choices. Don’t come back to the dorms because you will get caught.
4. How do you try to stop students who drink off campus, from coming back to campus?
Be smarter than that.
5. What fines do you receive when you get an MIC?
When you get an MIC of course we give you the ticket, then if you are an athlete we call your coach and let them know what happen. After that you go to court and the judge will give you community service hours and volunteer work for you first offence. Second offence you have community service and also a 600 dollar fine with possibly getting kicked out of the dorms.
6. How many complaints do you receive from elders who live around campus complaining about college parties and alcohol?
We get a few over the weeks, when we go check it out not one is ever there anymore, or we get the kids that run or hide. My advice is don’t run or hide because it gets you in worse trouble and gets me in a bad mood.
7. How do we help the community? And help students understand that drinking is a problem and it disturbs our community?
They have to make their own decisions and choices and all we hope for is that they are the right ones. As for the community we do everything we can to keep it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment