Sunday, April 11, 2010

Observation

Well I did an observation at Peterson’s 2 Physical Therapy. I have to say it really is different than the place in Phoenix where I went. When I was observing I noticed that there were more elderly people there rather than younger. In Phoenix I went to Physiotherapy and I believe 90% of the people that went in were athletics from different high schools and colleges. At Petersons many people were in there for knee surgeries and also hip replacements, but then again I only went for about an hour and a half. I noticed that the therapists were very friendly and they really sat there and helped everyone through all their treatment. When I went to therapy three times a week my therapist was with me until I did my exercises which at Peterson’s they never leave you unattended. Physiotherapy and Peterson’s have things in common as well such as all the machines are the same and when you first get there they start you off with heat then move on to the massage then on to stretching and last but not least the exercises you have to do. But the one thing that stood out to me the most was that at Peterson’s makes you feel like you are at home and it is nice and friendly. Going to therapy is never fun and I know this because I have been going for two years, however to be honest I believe therapy is good for your health and it helps maintain your muscle strength. Many people feel that Peterson’s doesn’t help but when I was observing the therapist really enjoy helping and making sure you are getting the full attention and making sure you get all your movement and muscle back. I enjoyed observing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment